The new edition of the Flora of New Brunswick is available for purchase from the Biology Department, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton (27 Bailey Hall, T: 506 453-4582 F: 506 453-3583) or download and send in the Order Form.
This revised and rewritten edition contains a considerable amount of new information not provided in the first edition:
- the translation of the generic names
- Mi'kmaq and Malaseet names of plants
- up-to-date scientific names and synonyms
- revised glossary near the front of the book and a comprehensive index at the very end
- illustrations and maps included with the text
- symbols and information about toxic and medicinal, rare and endangered plants and other plant lore
- lists of plants to look for in the vicinity of our neighboring state and provinces
- a tabulated breakdown of the various groups of plants
- a comprehensive bibliography
- and, most importantly, a new section contributed by Stephen Clayden, Curator of Botany at the New Brunswick Museum, on the history, physical setting and regional variation of the flora.
This latter section alone is worth the price of the book!
The "Addenda and Errata for the Flora of New Brunswick, Second Edition, 2000" is now available for download in pdf format.